Wednesday 26 May 2010

Elephants Everywhere

My biggest obsession at the moment is spotting elephants all around London.  When you mention this to people who aren't currently in the capital (and some that are) they can look at you blankly and there look pitiful as they assume you're a few sandwiches short of a picnic.  Basically it's a campaign by www.elephantfamily.org to raise awareness of the now endangered Asian elephant.  The event sees over 250 brightly painted life-size elephants located all over central London this summer decorated by a misture of artists and celebs.  Running from May to July 2010, this is London’s biggest outdoor art event on record, isn't that AWESOME! With an estimated audience of 25 million, they're aim is to raise £2 million for the Asian elephant and benefit 20 UK conservation charities.  All the elephants will then come together at the Chelsea Royal Hospital and you can go and see them all for free before the charity auction on the 3rd July.  My current goal is to try and snap as many as possible in their 'natural habitat' before they all descend on Chelsea, here are a few I've got so far!
It should be noted that if you can't quite stretch to buying one of the big uns at the Elephant Auction, you'll probably be able to stretch to a wee one, available at  Selfridges, 80 Regent St, 36 Carnaby St, Greenwich Central Market and the elephant parade online shop! 

 
 Here's my little one bought for me as a pressie last Friday afternoon when I was being grumpy, he's now brightening up my desk.  Ideas for names please..



I think one reason that I love them so is because they remind me of one of my favourite books when I was little..Elmer the Elephant by David McKee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my waffle. Every single comment is appreciated x