Tuesday 30 October 2012

I LOVE DISNEY



..there I said it. I DO. Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin - they and many more are complete classics that formed part of the fabric of my childhood.  In fact scrap childhood, they're part of me now! Twitter went into a frenzy when Beauty and the Beast was screened on a Sunday afternoon on Channel 5 a few weeks ago so this cannot just be me.

I know there's been a LOT of Disney around this year but before you disengage, hear me out. For Christmas, Harrods have commissioned a bunch of world-class designers to do one-off gowns inspired by the original Disney princess crew. There's a silk hooded number for Belle by Valentino, a Versace outfit for Cinderella – her glass slippers are emblazoned with the Medusa stamp – Mulan in Missoni, Snow White in Oscar De La Renta and Ariel in Marchesa. And if that wasn't enough, there's also a pop up on the fourth floor. I couldn't not mention it.

Jasmin by Escada

Rapunzel by Jenny Packham

Oh just one more....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my waffle. Every single comment is appreciated x