Wednesday 23 May 2012

Prada Suits Everyone




I don't know if this is unique to my family but between myself, brother and other extended siblings, we frequently delighted in dressing up in each others clothes when we were little.  I've often said that if I got married I'd rather like my brother and sister to strut down the aisle in drag..understated drag naturally, a beautiful suit on her and a lovely frock on him..whether this will ever happen remains to be seen.  So it was with great delight that when the new Prada short film aired at Cannes yesterday, the director Roman Polanski seemed to be on my wavelength.  Starring an exquisite Prada coat as the main protagonist alongside performances by Helena Bonham Carter and Sir Ben Kingsley, the film is witty, ironic and let's be blunt, a great advertisement. Rather than me describing what happens, you need to see it for yourselves.

"It's very refreshing to know that there are still places open to irony and wit and, for sure, Prada is one of them," said Roman Polanski. "When I was asked to shoot a short movie for Prada, I did not think that I could really be myself, but the reality is that in the total freedom I was given, I had the opportunity to reunite my favourite group of people on set and just have fun."

Prada Suits Everyone. I couldn't agree more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my waffle. Every single comment is appreciated x